How do I create my print files?
- Printing area: for TYVEK control ribbons the ideal printing area is 14cm x 1.5cm. This is also the area which remains visible after gluing.
The ideal printing area for PVC control ribbons which will remain visible after fixing is 6cm x 2cm. For all control ribbons it is essential to use our template!
- Resolution: at least 300dpi.
- File format: PDF/X-4:2010, PDF/X-1a:2001, JPG.
- Writings: embedded or converted into vector graphics.
- Font size: at least 8pt
- Colour mode:
TYVEK control ribbons: create all graphics using the black channel (100% K), the background has to be left white/transparent. The black channel motif will be printed in the chosen print colour (single-coloured).
PVC control ribbon: create all graphics using the black channel (100% K), the background has to be left white/transparent. The print will be 1/0 coloured (black). Black ribbons will be printed with silver colour.
Woven control ribbons: The print file can be created using the CMYK or RGB colour mode (maximum 8 colours including the background colour).
- Colour profile: ISO Coated v2 300%.
- Colour saturation: the total colour saturation should never exceed 240%. The minimum saturation is 15%.
- Transparencies: only possible using the format PDF/X-4:2010.
- Cutting and register marks: please do not use them in your artwork.
- Levels, passwords, comments, form fields, buttons or videos: please delete them.
- Spelling mistakes and overprint modes: will not be checked by us.
Please avoid too small details and too thin lines (at least 0.25 pt).