About Us – Where We Come From and How We Tick
Your Creativity in Print – Perfectly Executed
Colours, print quality, feel – we get them all right.
- Will the format and trimming be right?
- Will the colours look good?
- Will the pictures and text be sharp?
Our Six Commitments for Ensuring That You Always Get Top-Quality Prints
1. Our Ink Commitment:
Ink, along with paper, is one of the most important ingredients for printing well. We therefore rely exclusively on inks that are “made in Germany”. For example, from Epple, a seasoned Bavarian firm with over a century of experience. This is a genuine guarantee of maximum depth, purity and brilliance. Both for standard printing colours like cyan, magenta, yellow and black and for spot colours of the Pantone series.
2. Our Paper Commitment
All papers are not created equal. To slash costs, these days many printing firms are using paper from the Far East. But not us. We purchase our premium stocks exclusively from experienced, highly reputed German paper factories like Papyrus and Papier Union. Our portfolio comprises 19 different grades ranging from very light to very heavy, in glossy and matt versions, ribbed or smooth, recycled or freshly pressed from virgin pulp. All of our papers feature an impressive look and feel.
3. Our Technology CommitmentThe third pillar supporting the premium quality of our print products is technology. We print with three different processes, selecting the best one in each case to minimise costs. This mainly depends on the size of the print run. For all three, we use state-of-the-art equipment from industry-leading manufacturers, with a heavy focus on outstanding German engineering from world market leaders Heidelberger Druckmaschinen (HDM) and Koenig & Bauer (KBA).
Offset printing: the best choice for runs of more than 1000 copiesWe mainly use offset printing, also referred to as lithography or litho, for large jobs and for reprints in which only the black text changes. Our fleet of offset presses includes:
- Short printing units of the XL 75 Anicolor class from HDM
- Rapida presses from KBA
- XL printing presses from HDM
- Eight printing units with sheet reversal for efficient four-colour, double-sided printing in a single pass
- Inline measurements for automatic calibration of ink zones and adjustment of characteristic curves
- Fully automatic, simultaneous changing of printing plates
- Low-energy (LE) UV inking units for brilliant prints
- Double-sheet detection
Digital printing: ideal for small jobs down to a single copyDigital printing has also become so sharp and precise that we routinely use it for short runs of between one and 1000 copies, as well as for rush jobs without any noticeable loss of quality. We use one of the best high-tech presses of the iGen4 brand from Xerox for this.
Large-format printing (LFP): ideal for big itemsThe LFP process is also excellently suited for printing on non-paper-based materials such as canvas, corrugated plastic, textiles, PVC foamboard, plastics, mesh foils, Plexiglas, sandwich panels and wallpaper. We use the VUTEk® QS2 Pro from EFI for this: a leading-edge, highly flexible, two-metre UV printer.
4. Our Certification Commitment
5.Our Commitment to CheckingBetter safe than sorry! We check your data no fewer than five times:
- When you upload them.
- When they are first applied to a press sheet.
- During the print process.
- During subsequent postpress finishing.
- And finally, when packaging and dispatching your order.
6.Our Commitment to Supporting You
Your Creativity in Print
Brilliant Colours and Quality: Made in Germany by PrintCarrier.com
2004: Pioneers of the Triple Wow Effect
2004: Viva la Dolce Vita!
Spurred by our success in Germany, by the autumn of 2004 we take aim at the Italian market by launching our first online shop in another country. The first customer gets in touch within minutes from South Tyrol. They make payment by credit card via a secure SSL connection (still a total novelty in 2004). Just five days after receiving the order, we deliver the finished flyers in Italy. A real record, and our first step towards expanding throughout Europe.
2005: Picking Up Speed
PrintCarrier.com grows and grows some more. In 2005, just a year after starting out, we begin offering our services in France and the Netherlands. Customers there respond enthusiastically, and before long the demand for expertly produced, attractively priced print products is booming in those countries as well. Everywhere we turn, the idea of “fast, inexpensive online printing” falls on fertile ground. We follow up by adding our “Express” and “SameDay” delivery options. Now we can print and deliver orders even faster than before, if requested overnight. We win the gratitude of existing customers and many new ones join their ranks.
2006: Success Across Europe
2007: Taking More into Account
2009: Goodbye to ErrorsIn 2009 we develop a system for checking print data fully automatically. It identifies and immediately fixes any problems, thus helping to ensure that our customers receive monitored, flawless print products.
2011: A New Place for UsWe’ve been growing by leaps and bounds, and by 2011 our facility is bursting at the seams. We find new accommodation in Winterhausen just south of Würzburg, where we continue to print premium-quality products fast while selling them online.
2012: Keeping an Eye (or Five) on ThingsWe’re one of the first online print shops to add considerably more value for our customers by inspecting every order no fewer than five times:
- By checking the protocols when the data are uploaded
- By manually checking the first press sheet
- During the print run by inline measurements
- During postpress finishing operations
- When packaging and dispatching the finished job